‘Tis the season–for finding the perfect gifts within budget, for surviving family get togethers and work parties, and for creating the perfect holiday outfit that exudes the festive season without being too red-and-green literal. In all senses (money-wise, socially-wise and time-wise), the month of December may seem like a stressful, dread-filled whirlwind. Add to that air travel (if you’re going somewhere) or pickup trips to the airport (if you’re not), and it’s easy to forget how fun, relaxing and rewarding the holiday season is supposed to be.
Here, we’ve compiled some of the most useful, appropriate and (hopefully) interesting infographics, charts and lists from all over the web to help you simplify, conquer and ultimately enjoy your holidays.
- For shopping. Still planning on ordering gifts? Check out this chart of the fastest delivery times by commonly used companies. Hint: Zappos is the fastest, shipping within one day on average!
- For the perfect holiday outfit. Refinery29 is a favorite place of mine to find great fashion inspiration. Check out these various lists to find out how to accessorize a party dress different ways for different occasions, how to make your own holiday accessories, and how to dress up your hair for a night out.
- For travel. From shipping your bags to getting the first flight out of the day, click here for must-know tips for holiday air travel.
- For family gatherings. Have differences of opinion with your family members that rise to a boil every holiday season? Arm yourself with these tools for diffusing conflict and learn to agree to disagree this year!
- For work parties. Not sure what’s appropriate for your particular occasion? Check out these guidelines and view a slideshow of suggested outfits. Added bonus: Impress your coworkers with your superior wine knowledge by taking a look at this handy infographic, which explains types of wines by style and taste.
Happy holidays, everyone!