While the weather may suggest otherwise, the dog days of summer have come and gone, and many kids have retired their swimsuits for back-to-school clothing. With less than a month until the season officially ends, let’s reflect on everything summer of 2012 had to offer: sweltering heat broke records, the presidential campaigns began to dominate the news, and the Summer Olympics captivated our imaginations.
I know I haven’t made it to the pool as many times as I’d like or read as many page-turners as I’d intended, but all in all, the past few months have been filled with enough warm nights around friends, weekend getaways and family cookouts for the summer to be a success in my book. What about everyone else?
Until September 21st, when fall officially begins, are there any last activities you’d like to fit in? Check out the below summer bucket list for inspiration. Happy (almost) September, everyone!
2012 Summer Bucket List (Raleigh-Durham Edition! Explore comparable activities in your area):
- Judged a book by its cover, checked it out from the library – and ended up loving it?
- Swam the length of the pool in one breath?
- Tried grilling fruit?
- Toured a local brewery? Big Boss Brewery recommended!
- Visited a lake and gone fishing?
- Caught up with a childhood friend and reminisced about summers past?
- Built something from scratch (a set of shelves, cupcakes, a website, or whatever else!)?
- Learned a completely useless fact?
- Checked out the delicious food from a food truck?
- Created your own DIY Salt Scrub – and gifted it to friends?
- Visited a cool museum? NC Museum of Natural Sciences is free!
- Roadtripped to a new location, however mundane?
- Enjoyed live music & beautiful weather at a fun outdoor venue?
- Watched an old movie? Charade is my absolute favorite!
- Spent an entire day just wasting time?