If you’re anything like me, simply reading about how to execute a hairstyle might result in a wasted 15 minute session in front of the mirror followed by a frustrated admission of defeat (read: throwing hair up into a quick ponytail in order to avoid being late for work).
I’m not naturally hair savvy, which is why YouTube hair tutorials have transformed the way I and everyone else without inbred superhuman braiding abilities are able to learn how to curl, twist and smooth hair to perfection.
Some of the most innovative videos I’ve seen lately are the ones involving beautiful styles without the use of damaging heat styling tools, such as blow dryers, curlers or straighteners. Not only do these styles keep hair in its naturally shiny, bouncy, healthy state, but they also require little effort, and in the case of creating curls, may last for several days. Some of my favorite videos include:
- YouTube star Michelle Phan’s tutorial on how to create curls by using paper bags
- BubzBeauty’s beachy waves created using a bun
- TradeSecrets’ loose “headband curls”
- LiliSimply’s 5 no heat hairstyles perfect for summer
- Carly Christman’s heat free messy buns
- Loepsie’s perfect curls created with a sock
What heat-free styles have you picked up from YouTube? Let us know!